Top Boston Wedding Venues by the Season
Each time the season turns, it rejuvenates our wedding planners with fresh seasonal flowers and vibrant colors, fabrics and metals to use when transforming popular Boston wedding venues to match your vision. From designing your custom menu to choosing your ideal wedding location, we hope you are looking forward to embracing all the beautiful aspects your wedding season offers.
We know finding a venue that will enhance the beauty of the season and provide all the comforts that it calls for can be daunting. Because we want to relieve you of any stress, we outlined locations that are great choices for each season. So relax and enjoy exploring your options.
Unique Boston Wedding Venues That Embrace the Seasons
Cozy Winter Wedding Locations
How will you warm up your winter wedding atmosphere? Our experienced Boston catering team has some tricks up their sleeves, but choosing the right venue will immediately ease any concerns you may have about guests’ comfort. Look for a space that naturally creates a warm and welcoming atmosphere.
- John H. Pierce House: Smaller weddings embrace their intimate feel in this three-story, late-Victorian house with a Colonial Revival style. And with the flagstone patio being tented from May to October, you can extend your guest list and still ensure everyone enjoys protection from the elements. As you tour this charming historic building, you will discover incredible assets such as the stunning fireplaces, heavy wood paneling, a baby grand piano, hand-carved details and an enamoring floor-to-ceiling gilt mirror. We are certain you will have no trouble making yourself and your guests at home.
- Charles River Museum of Industry and Innovation: Winter is a great time to cozy up and reflect on good times. The historic 19th-centry textile mill overlooking the Charles River is an ideal wedding location for couples desiring a Boston urban industrial feel from the past. The interior brick aesthetic lends itself to a warm wedding atmosphere. Likewise, the brick/stone exterior is the perfect backdrop for winter wedding photos. We also hope you will make time to take some photos in the park, on the quaint wood bridge and on the newly built gray whitewash deck.
Boston Venues That Spring Up in Beauty
Spring always surprises us with intricate new wedding ideas that embrace seasonal trends at premier Boston venues. Some of the most creative ideas come from our culinary team, who dream up new menu items and classy presentations. A French fete presented with metals and Lucite or wood is one of our favorite menu items to bring to spring wedding venues. Whether you want to enjoy a cocktail hour in the outdoors, dine under the stars or take gorgeous photos by the water this spring, there is a Boston wedding venue for you.
- Community Rowing: When couples express their vision of an elegant spring wedding on the water, we point them to Community Rowing, which boasts 150-degree views of the Charles River. The docks of the Charles River, iconic Boston brick arched bridges and large boathouse provide no shortage of photo backdrops that capture the essence of a waterfront wedding.
- John H. Pierce House: If you dream of a ceremony in front of a tree-lined pond, we invite you to visit the John H. Pierce House. Guests will never forget your reception in the wonderful tent or the views of the rolling lawns and field of wildflowers. While they are enjoying the scene, you can sneak away for some intimate spring photos featuring the red rustic shed and large statuesque elm trees.
Summer Venues That Feature the Outdoors
When we think of summer, we picture cheese and charcuterie platters accompanied by condiments and petite tartines (canapés) in a setting that casts eyes on Boston’s finest scenes. Fortunately, there are stunning summer wedding venues that captivate guests from the moment they arrive.
- Commander’s Mansion: Imagine taking photos among grapes hanging on vines or on a veranda with large pillars and small rod iron settees while enjoying a refreshing summer signature cocktail with seasonal fruit and passed hors d’oeuvres with edible summer floral garnishes. With its intimate grape arbor ceremony space and tented reception area, Commanders Mansion offers a variety of ways for you to enjoy a summer vibe in a historic setting.
- 9OFS: Known for its spectacular city views of the Boston Financial District, the open-air terrace at 9OFS offers a tranquil contrast to the hype of our bustling city. Elevate your wedding to the 8th floor and then take photos among the skyscrapers in the park. Our talented planners love to bring in summer décor featuring birch chuppah (arbor) enhanced with lush green garlands and natural wood farm benches to this stunning space.
Fall in Love with These Boston Venues
Looking to warm up the crisp fall air at a top Boston venue? Incorporate some braised items, fall vegetables and sweet apples into your fall wedding menu and warm up buffets with lamps and a warm color scheme. We can help you make the most of exceptional wedding locations that provide ample options for this season full of contrasting colors and weather.
- Waterworks Museum: Bring an industrial chic wedding theme to life inside this famous space or cultivate a rustic feel in an outdoor ceremony. Either way, your guests will enjoy their enchanting experience as much as Jennipher and Patrick’s guests did. One look at the historic machinery, spiral staircase, 15-foot doors or adjacent reservoir and your creative wedding ideas will reach new heights.
- deCordova Sculpture Park and Museum: If you are looking for both indoor and outdoor options with a picturesque view of a serene pond, then cast your eyes upon the deCordova Sculpture Park and Museum. The incredible sculptures and glorious roof deck overlooking the lake are quite the backdrop for a season marked by beautiful transitions.
Whether you already have a Boston wedding venue picked out or are just beginning to explore your options, our meticulous wedding planners are here to help. To bring your unique wedding vision to life, contact us online or give us a call at 617.581.1150.
More articles you might enjoy:
- 7 Tips for Choosing Your Boston Wedding Venue
- Boston Wedding Cocktail Ideas
- Spring Wedding Ideas for Boston Weddings
Denise is an Event Planner at BG Events & Catering.