Summer Wedding Ideas for Boston Weddings
Summer is a great time for a wedding celebration, with the beautiful warm weather, plenty of sun and a ton of fun waiting to happen. If you are celebrating your wedding during the summer months, there are plenty of things you will want to make sure you have done in advance. Be sure you have all of your planning out of the way early with this Boston summer wedding planning guide.
Also check out our additional summer wedding ideas on Pinterest.
Boston Summer Wedding Colors
The hottest months of the year are also filled with the hottest of colors, meaning that your event space should be filled with all of the vibrant and exciting hues you want. The important thing is to remember to utilize your chosen colors when you plan your spring wedding theme, incorporating them into your invitations, bridesmaid dresses, jewelry, ties, tuxedo vests, linens, napkins, florals and more:
- White or ivory
- Neutral colors (beige, etc.)
Additional summer wedding color ideas:
- Having just one wedding color is no longer the standard. The current wedding color trend is wedding palettes consisting of three, four or sometimes even five colors.
- Choose one bold color and then incorporate several supporting colors to create a well-balanced visual experience.
- Examples of colors that pair well together include:
Different shades of yellow and gray
Coral with turquoise and white
Tangerine with yellow and fuchsia
Violet with light yellow, light gray and charcoal
Boston Summer-Inspired Wedding Decorations
Summer is filled with fun and excitement, and your summer wedding celebration should be filled with both, as well. Utilizing the colors of the summer months, convert your event spaces into a beautiful and vibrant celebration of love with these tips.
- Colored table linens and napkins
- Colorful light strands and ropes
- Colored paper lighted lanterns
- Plenty of tea lights and candles in the wedding colors
- Summer-colored flower arrangements
- Summer-colored flower petals to spread throughout the room
- Floral combinations, ocean-themed items, bright colors and other summer-themed items as table decorations
- Brightly colored and crystal-like glasses and tableware
Additional summer wedding theme and décor ideas:
- Combining ideas, including plenty of bright lights, bright colors, flower arrangements and brightly colored crystal glasses spread throughout the room really brings the event theme to life.
- Flowers and gardens are a huge part of summer, so having a variety of arrangements and flower petals strewn about the room will create a majestic experience.
- Colored linens and napkins will truly transform the room, so avoid underestimating the power of those elements. If nothing else, use a brightly colored linen to set the tone for the rest of the summer wedding event’s décor.
Summer Wedding Menu Ideas
Summer weddings require summer-themed menu items that will truly bring the season to life. Ask your wedding planner about including any of these ideas when planning the gourmet feast for your big day.
- Grilled chicken or steak
- Redskin potatoes in olive oil and fresh herbs
- Fresh fruit and vegetable skewers
- Cheddar garlic biscuits
- Mango salsas
- Pulled pork
- Mini sliders for cheeseburgers, hamburgers, etc.
- Hot dog and bratwurst stands
- Caprese salad
- Fresh salads filled with greens, veggies and fruits
Additional summer wedding menu ideas:
- Ask your wedding planner to help you come up with the perfect custom menu for your summer-inspired wedding event.
- Do not be afraid to try unique combinations of flavors and textures.
- Set up a menu tasting event with your planner to clear up any last-minute wedding questions or work out any last details.
Summer Wedding Drinks and Beverages
“Drinks and beverages” are the true definition of summer fun. So many fun and delicious beverage combinations are made possible during this bright and cheerful season, so you will have no trouble pleasing your guests’ palates. With so many seasonal beverage flavor combinations to consider, your guests will have a wonderful time sampling drinks with any of these flavors included:
- Coconut rum
- Fresh fruits
- Tequila Sunrise
- June Bug
- Sparkling punch
Summer Wedding Cakes and Desserts in Boston
Summer weddings are full of sun, fun and plenty of bright flavors and colors. Incorporate summer-inspired flavors, colors and decorations to make your summer wedding desserts table fresh and unforgettable.
- Frostings in traditional spring colors
- Strawberry shortcake
- Raspberry and white chocolate treats
- Fruit squares
- Mini fruit tarts
- Chocolate-dipped ice cream sandwiches
Additional summer wedding cake and wedding dessert ideas:
- Decorate the dessert table with continuations of the summer décor spread throughout the rest of the reception room, including flower arrangements, flower petals and plenty of vibrant summer coloring.
- Include a wide variety of desserts in addition to the wedding cake, such as sorbets, cupcakes, fruit squares, etc.
- Bite-sized desserts are a big hit no matter what the season, and summer-inspired bite-sized treats will keep your guests munching late into the summer-themed wedding event.
Summer-Themed Wedding Flowers in Boston
Summer flowers are a must-have at any summer wedding because they provide accents of colors, added vitality and beautiful focal points throughout the event. Utilize any of these summer-blooming flowers to add extra elegant elements to your summer wedding celebration:
- Billy balls
- Peruvian lilies
- Veronica flowers
- Dahlia flowers
- Calla lilies
- Gerber daisies
- Aster flowers
- Tinted sage
Perfect Venues for Summer-Themed Weddings in Boston
A great wedding venue can make for an amazing wedding celebration. When planning your perfect summer wedding venue, consider the deCordova.
The deCordova, with its beautiful gardens and spectacular views of Flint’s Pond up on the terrace, is an ideal location for summer weddings in Boston. Click here for more information about the deCordova and all that it has to offer.
Find even more perfect summer wedding venues with our venue finder!
More Articles You Might Like:
Denise is an Event Planner at BG Events & Catering.