Spring Wedding Ideas for Boston Weddings
Everything comes to life in the spring, and that makes it a perfect season for celebrating love. Two people joining together to start a new life is a beautiful thing, and the vibrant colors, scents and flavors of spring make it even more amazing. If you have a spring wedding coming up soon, read through this list to make sure that you have everything you need for the perfect spring wedding in Boston.
Also, check out our spring wedding ideas on Pinterest!
Spring Wedding Colors in Boston
Bright colors mixed with pastels will create a vibrant color palate that will entice your guests and make for a memorable spring wedding event. The important thing is to remember to utilize your chosen colors when you plan your spring wedding theme, incorporating them into your invitations, bridesmaid dresses, jewelry, ties, tuxedo vests, linens, napkins, florals and more:
- White or ivory
- Cobalt blue
Additional spring wedding color ideas:
- Having just one wedding color is no longer the standard. The current wedding color trend is wedding palettes consisting of three, four or sometimes even five colors.
- Choose one bold color and then incorporate several supporting colors to create a well-balanced visual experience.
- Examples of colors that pair well together include:
Coral with ivory, mint and grey
Pink with light green and white
Peach with pastel pink, lavender and beige
Spring-Inspired Wedding Decorations
Decorations make or break a wedding celebration. With all of the unlimited possibilities for beautiful spring-themed decorations, you will want to incorporate “spring” into everything you design for your spring wedding. Utilizing the colors of the spring months, convert your event spaces into a beautiful and vibrant celebration of love with these tips.
- Colored table linens and napkins
- White light strands
- Colored paper lighted lanterns
- Plenty of tea lights and candles in the wedding colors
- Spring-colored flower arrangements
- Spring-colored flower petals to spread throughout the room
- Floral combinations, bird’s nests and other spring-themed items as table decorations
- White and crystal-like glasses and tableware
Additional spring wedding themes and ideas:
- Combining ideas, including plenty of tea lights, spring-colored flower arrangements and a few bird’s nests spread throughout the room really brings the event theme to life.
- Flowers are a huge part of spring, so having a variety of arrangements and flower petals strewn about the room will create a majestic experience.
- Colored linens and napkins will truly transform the room, so avoid underestimating the power of those elements. If nothing else, use a pale or brightly colored linen to set the tone for the rest of the spring wedding event’s décor.
Spring Wedding Menu Ideas
Spring weddings require spring-themed menu items that will make the experience delicious and fresh. Ask your wedding planner about including any of these ideas when planning the gourmet feast for your big day.
- Fresh salads incorporating fruits like strawberries or apples
- Rosemary baked chicken
- Lemon pepper tilapia
- Pastas in light sauces
- Citrus marinades
- Fresh vegetable medleys
- Cheese platters
Additional spring wedding menu ideas:
- Ask your wedding planner to help you come up with the perfect custom menu for your spring-inspired wedding event.
- Do not be afraid to try unique combinations of flavors and textures.
- Set up a menu tasting event with your planner to clear up any last-minute wedding questions or work out any last details.
Spring-Themed Wedding Drinks and Beverages
Cocktails and drinks are a great way for your wedding guests to refresh and enjoy the flavors of the season, and that is especially true for spring-themed weddings. With so many seasonal beverage flavor combinations to consider, your guests will have a wonderful time sampling drinks with any of these flavors included:
- Frozen fruit cocktails
- Fruit juices
- Iced tea
- Lavender and raspberry flavorings
- Lemon and lime flavors
Spring-Themed Wedding Cakes and Desserts in Boston
Spring weddings offer a great opportunity for delicious, seasonal desserts that guests will truly love and enjoy. Incorporate spring-inspired flavors, colors and decorations to make your spring wedding desserts table fresh and unforgettable.
- Frostings in traditional spring colors
- French macaroons
- Chocolate fondue or fountain with all of the traditional dipping items
- Lemon bars
- Fruit and yogurt parfaits
Additional spring wedding cakes and wedding desserts:
- Decorate the dessert table with continuations of the spring décor spread throughout the rest of the reception room, including flower arrangements, flower petals and plenty of vibrant spring coloring.
- Include a wide variety of desserts in addition to the wedding cake, such as macaroons, lemon bars, a chocolate fountain, etc.
- Bite-sized desserts are a big hit no matter what the season and spring-inspired bite-sized treats will keep your guests munching late into the spring-themed wedding event.
Spring-Themed Wedding Flowers
Spring flowers will make your wedding an event to remember, providing pops of colors and an element of unparalleled beauty. Utilize any of these spring-blooming flowers to add extra elegant elements to your spring wedding celebration:
- Queen Anne’s lace
- Calla lilies
- Cherry blossoms
Perfect Venues for Spring-Themed Weddings
A great wedding venue can make for an amazing wedding celebration. When planning your perfect spring wedding venue, consider the Waterworks Museum.
This beautiful museum sits right on the Chestnut Hill Reservoir, an ideal location for both pre-wedding and post-wedding photo shoots. Click here for more information about the Waterworks Museum and all that it has to offer.
Find even more perfect spring wedding venues with our venue finder!
More Articles You Might Like:
Denise is an Event Planner at BG Events & Catering.