Top 3 Menu Ideas for Home Parties
Whether you are throwing a cocktail party for your closest friends or inviting your neighbors to an open house, offer a tasty menu that flows nicely with the energy in the room. We suggest having a selection of small bites and finger foods—a prime catalyst for mixing and mingling!
Let us take you through the Boston home party menu. These little servings of nutrient-packed food will not only satisfy guests’ hunger but also inspire their creativity!
Innovative Menu Ideas for Boston Parties
The best catering companies in Boston know where to source the finest ingredients and how to transform them into a piece of art. And our talented chefs want to share some of their favorite creations with you.
Welcome with Fresh Seasonal Appetizers
You know what they say about first impressions, so make sure the first morsel guests enjoy is a brilliant one. Look for foods with explosive flavors and the freshest ingredients. For example, a simple chicken roulade can be spiced up with cumin zereshk-scented rice stuffing and lemon sauce.
To make sure your small bites are bursting with as much flavor and as many nutrients as possible, we also suggest using plenty of seasonal farmed vegetables. Guests will suspect you handpicked the ingredients in these healthy passed appetizers:
- Fried butternut squash ravioli
- Saffron chickpeas with roasted tomatoes, cucumber, fennel, red onion and sherry vinegar
- Brie and green apple crostini with fig jam and arugula
- Scallion pancakes with vegetables
- Butternut squash soup shooters
And do not be afraid to sprinkle in some rich passed hors d’oeuvres. Our sample cocktail menu is filled with to-die-for small bites like balsamic figs wrapped with prosciutto, stuffed with goat cheese and served with balsamic reduction.
Entice with Creative Vignettes
Vignettes are a great place to set up impressive food displays where guests can craft their own favorite dishes. Try a sushi bar, winter pies or rice bar, or deck out a contemporary vignette with beautiful small dishes like:
- Parmesan flan with local and seasonal wild mushroom ragu and micro salad
- Ras al hanout sous vide salmon with lentils, kale and saffron parsnips
- Smoking sirloin, root vegetable hash and cherry gremolata
Engage with Action Stations
Your parents probably told you not to play with your food, but come on, have a little fun with your Boston catering. Our friendly chefs love to greet guests and help them design a plate exactly to their liking.
Our action stations are anything but ordinary. How about some Moroccan spice-encrusted tuna from the carving station? Or maybe you would like to top your pasta with Prosciutto di Parma? Anything you can dream up, from pot au feu to a smoking station, we can put into action.
Action stations are also a great way to bring your culture to life. In the comfort of your own home, let our chefs honor your favorite cuisine. Our Boston catering team loves to create custom menus based on your family favorites.
Check out these multicultural action station ideas:
- Irish martini mashed potato bar: truffled mashed potatoes, blue cheese mashed potatoes, mashed sweet potatoes, garlic cheddar mashed Yukon gold potatoes
- Asian station: suckling pig with hoisin sauce and flat buns, wok street noodles with scallions and bok choy, vegetable dumplings
- Taco station: grilled mahi, smoked beef brisket, shredded chicken and cilantro lime-roasted veggie tacos
After the main action stations close and your !ndulge mini desserts roll out, keep the energy high with a sweet treats interactive station. Our Boston catering team puts on a great show when our chefs freeze meringues and ice cream pops using liquid nitrogen.
Selecting your home as a venue can add serious value to your Boston party. Let our experienced catering team show you how to get the most out of your space and home party menu.
To start designing your custom menu filled with creativity and personality, contact us online or give us a call at (617) 581-1150.
Other Articles You Might Like:
Timothy Seeberg is the Director of Major Events at BG.