Check Out The Gala That Brought Las Vegas to Boston
When a top technology company opened its doors on April 28, 2018, attendees of this gala could hardly recognize the space. Transformed to have a Las Vegas feel, this modern building in Cambridge was red carpet ready the annual gala. All our creative food ideas were right at home at this cocktail-style event. In fact, our interactive culinary experiences were at the heart of this lively corporate event.
Check out how modern décor by CSI Boston and innovative food by our prized chefs treated nearly 1,000 guests to an incredibly fun and memorable experience.
A Red Carpet Gala in Boston
Chic Décor Put a Classy Twist on a Las Vegas Gala Theme
Whether walking down the red carpet entrance or relaxing in modern lounge areas, guests enjoyed a cross of Cambridge class with Las Vegas flare. By embracing one of the hottest event trends—mixed metals and metallics—CSI Boston showcased the company’s forward-thinking style in artistic ways. Whether soaking up some sun outdoors or coming inside, guests were surrounded by a stunning array of white flowers, candles and feathers intertwined with metallic pillows, tables and decorations.
An Eclectic Atmosphere Lit Up
When the sun set, dynamic lighting came into play—complementing the metallic bar backdrop as well as the red accents found in the décor, food and drinks. Whether ordering a fun signature cocktail or enjoying one of these classy tray-passed appetizers, guests got an added boost of energy right from the start:
- Albondiga (Spanish meatball): with saffron tomato sauce
- Tempeh al pastro taco: with grilled tomatillo salsa
- Smoked local bacon wrapped dates: goat cheese, balsamic reduction
- Yakitori chicken thigh: with Sancho pepper
- Zucchini-potato pancake: fresh yogurt ranch, dill
- Hamachi crudo: Meyer lemon aioli, puffed quinoa, micro celery
Interactive Food Stations Engaged Guests
Bento Box Experience
Inside, at a bento box food station, our chefs eagerly awaited guests’ orders of various Pacific Rim mini dishes. Bento boxes are a fun way to collect all your favorite Asian foods and nibble on them one by one. Meticulously displayed by our talented team, the following Asian foods attracted guests to this fun food station:
- California roll
- Charred rare Korean short rib: gochujang, nuoc cham, herb salad
- Bao buns: with crispy pork belly, spicy hoisin, quick pickle, cilantro
- Edamame: with togarashi
- Charred shishito peppers: black vinegar-ginger sauce
- Dark soy-brushed lightly grilled shrimp: spicy mayo, cashew crumbs, micro wasabi
- Torched salmon nigiri: aged rice vinegar sticky rice, raw high-quality salmon, wasabi-togarashi sauce, wasabi tobiko, micro shies
Sweet Tea Pop-Up
We set up a mini restaurant featuring contemporary Southern recipes alongside classic foods that always satisfy even the biggest appetites. Giving guests a warm welcome to a fun dinner service, our friendly staff greeted each attendee with a friendly smile and offered the following mouthwatering dishes:
- Smoked dry rubbed beef ribs: apple-soy barbecue sauce
- Buttermilk biscuits: citron marmalade, roasted marrow butter, sea salt
- Fried green tomatoes: cold-smoked ricotta, corn salad, micro basil
- Carolina pulled pork: low country slaw
Guests craving an upscale, satisfying meal headed to the steakhouse food station where they found these fine dishes:
- Mac & cheese: with collards, crispy herb crust
- Cauliflower wedge: with raclette, frisse salad, shaved celery, herb dressing
- Jumbo lump crab cake: kohlrabi slaw, tarragon mustard sauce
- Seared duck breast: roasted shallot-port sauce, duck fat marble potatoes, fried herbs
- Chioggia beet carpaccio: ricotta salata, micro pea greens, mustard seed dressing, spiced walnuts
- Prime rib: BG steakhouse rub, demi sauce, buttermilk potatoes, root vegetable chips, BG steak sauce on the side
Build Your Own Cocktail Dessert Station
An artistic array of desserts were displayed in a jewel case, leaving guests with an impossible decision of which dessert to choose. If items like the golden champagne gelee and raspberry miso macarons didn’t win them over, then the BYO dessert cocktails certainly did. We invited guests to create their own “boozy” dessert by topping stout chocolate mousse, caramel rye mousse or citrus ginnapcotta with everything they could dream of and more. The range of toppings they chose from was anything but ordinary, including candied lemon peel and rosemary brittle.
Memorable Entertainment at Every Hour
From the speeches presented on stage to the VIP appearances by David Chandler, Cher and Elvis entertainers, few moments went by without a notable figure catching the attention of guests. Even so, they seemed to find some time to have their try at the casino games and drop by the custom photo booth. Just as we are grateful for the images of this event captured by Binita Patel, guests were happy to take home photos of this unforgettable gala experience. Thanks to the interactive food stations, entertainers and Las Vegas-style games spread throughout this captivating venue, this was certainly a company event to remember.
More articles you might enjoy:
Timothy Seeberg is the Director of Major Events at BG.