Holiday Party Décor Ideas
Soon, Boston will be a city bright with the holiday spirit. We can help you bring that charm into your holiday party venue, creating a scene that is uniquely yours with gorgeous décor. After all, what is a party without some decoration?
This year’s trends served as the source of inspiration for our list of ideas. Each section has décor ideas for both a vintage and a modern look. However, our expert event planners can help you design any style that speaks to you!
Lighting sets the ambiance in any party, but for the holidays we suggest either a cozy vintage feeling or a modern, city chic look.
Hang pendant lamps with Edison-style antique bulbs over the dining areas or cocktail tables and accent with vintage candelabras or chandeliers. Finish the look with soft white string lights.
Include a modern lighting setup with brightly colored pipe and drape uplighting – one color or many. Our dependable lighting vendors could also flood the ceiling with small snowflakes or sparkling evening stars. Set up a monogram of your company’s name, party theme or a familiar quote for the holidays like, “Joy to the World.”
Chic lounge furniture is all the rage this year. It offers a cozy place for intimate conversations and adds a luxurious tone to the entire event. Use a carpet to square off space and always have a table for drinks or appetizers.
We love adding red plaid flannel or creamy white cotton pillows to a comfortable couch. Finish the look by adding a large holiday votive, a small bouquet of poinsettias or a dish of delectable holiday cookies on rustic wooden tables.
A modern lounge would have sleek lines and a shiny surface potentially paired with geometric pillows. Set up a light wood table near the couches and use metallic holiday decorations to give it some flair. Your guests will love the simplicity amid the craziness of the season!
Make your bar so enticing that everyone who attends cannot resist splurging on a cocktail. Offer several varieties of signature drinks, local brews and nonalcoholic drinks. Here are some ideas to draw your guests’ attention:
- Dress up the description of your signature cocktail with a metallic wooden frame or consider writing drink items on a chalkboard, like the super hipster trend popular in restaurants.
- Hang flowers or a wreath along the wall as a backdrop to the bartenders to add a delicate touch.
- Use gold or copper-colored cocktail shakers and finish the drink with a red and white candy-cane colored straw (or any color you’d like!).
If you are having a plated dinner for your guests, bring their eyes to the gorgeous table setting while they enjoy delicious, innovative entrees from our topnotch catering team. We like these décor ideas:
- For a vintage touch, place various sized candles in the center of the table to bring out the rustic white linen table runners.
- Include place settings with vintage print name cards to make each guest feel extra special.
- Arrange fresh holly branches or evergreen garlands down the center of the table to add a woodsy touch, not to mention the delightful smell of the outdoors!
- Consider using contemporary glass vases to add holiday items, such as fresh cranberries, sparking ornaments, metallic-painted pinecones or a traditional bouquet from one of our trusted florists. This look works for both modern cocktail tables and a formal dinner setup.
Take these ideas and make the magic of the holiday season come alive at your next Boston holiday party. Just give us a call or drop an email and we’ll be happy to help you every step of the way.
More Articles You Might Like:
Timothy Seeberg is the Director of Major Events at BG.