Winter Wedding Ideas for Boston Weddings
Winter is a beautiful time for weddings. The beautiful whites of the sparkling snow and winter wonderland feel of the season are great for magical celebrations of love. For your convenience, we have compiled this Boston winter wedding guide to make sure you have all of your loose ends tied up and all of your wedding necessities handled.
Also check out our favorite winter wedding ideas on Pinterest!
Winter-Inspired Wedding Colors for Boston
With winter come endless possibilities for winter wedding color schemes, mostly because almost anything pairs with white. Winter hues can span from deep, dark shades of all colors to bright, vibrant shades to combinations of the two. The choice is yours, and it all depends on what you want to see on your special day! The important thing is to remember to utilize your chosen colors when you plan your wedding theme, incorporating them into your invitations, bridesmaid dresses, jewelry, ties, tuxedo vests, linens, napkins, florals and more:
- Off-white, ivory or cream
- Cornflower blue
- Dark green
Additional winter wedding color ideas:
- Having just one wedding color is no longer the standard. The current wedding color trend is wedding palettes consisting of three, four or sometimes even five colors.
- Choose one bold color and then incorporate several supporting colors to create a well-balanced visual experience.
- Examples of colors that pair well together include:
1. White with emerald green and ivory
2. Bright red with plum and white
3. Ice blue with powder blue, light grey, lavender and silver (perfect for a winter wonderland)
4. Gold with black and white
5. Plum with lavender, ivory and silver
Boston Winter Wedding Decorations
Bring your winter wonderland wedding to life with winter-inspired decorations that truly “wow” your guests. Utilizing the colors of the winter months—including shades of white combined with the colors listed above—convert your event spaces into a beautiful celebration of love with these tips.
- Colored table linens and napkins
- White glitter
- White light strands
- White paper lighted lanterns
- Plenty of tea lights and candles in assorted whites and in the wedding colors
- Winter-colored flower arrangements
- Winter-colored flower petals to spread throughout the room
- Holiday-inspired chair covers or ribbons to adorn chairs
- Pine cones and pine branches as table decorations
- White and crystal-like glasses and tableware
Additional winter wedding theme and décor ideas:
- Combining ideas, including using pine cone and pine needle arrangements surrounded by dark wood, white glitter and plenty of candles really brings the event theme to life.
- Decorating doorways with garlands of winter-colored flowers, adorning the ceilings with paper lanterns and utilizing plenty of candles and glitter throughout the room will create a majestic experience.
- Colored linens and napkins will truly transform the room, so avoid underestimating the power of those elements. If nothing else, use white linen to set the tone for the rest of the winter wedding event’s décor.
Winter Wedding Menu Ideas
Winter weddings require winter-themed menu items that will make the experience magical. Ask your wedding planner about including any of these ideas when planning the gourmet feast for your big day.
- Glazed Cornish hens
- Baked redskin potato halves with sour cream and chives
- Braised short ribs with mushrooms
- Pastas in white sauces
- Italian wedding soup
- Cornbread muffins
- All things cranberries
- Cheese and meats platters
- Upscale grilled cheese and tomato soup
- Baked macaroni and cheese
Additional winter wedding menu ideas:
- Ask your wedding planner to help you come up with the perfect custom menu for your winter-inspired wedding event.
- Do not be afraid to try unique combinations of flavors and textures.
- Set up a menu tasting event with your planner to clear up any last-minute wedding questions or work out any last details.
Winter-Themed Drinks and Beverages
Cocktails and drinks will make or break your wedding bar, and that is especially true for winter-themed weddings. With so many seasonal beverage flavor combinations to consider, your guests will have a wonderful time sampling drinks with any of these flavors included:
- Bronx Cocktail
- Bailey’s Irish Cream
- Spiced rum
- Apple cider
- Cherry Cuba Libre
- Stout beers
- Hot chocolate
Winter Boston Wedding Cakes and Wedding Desserts
Weddings mean plenty of delicious treats for everyone to enjoy, and winter weddings have the added whimsy of magic and glitter to make the experience even better. Incorporate winter-inspired flavorings, colors and decorations to make your winter wedding desserts table unforgettable.
- Frostings in traditional winter whites
- Edible glitter throughout the concoctions
- Flavors such as apple, cinnamon, spice, caramel, vanilla, chocolate, cherry and cranberry
- Decorations on desserts, including winter color-inspired flowers, ribbons, polka dots, swizzles, stripes and other designs
- Guinness sundaes
- White chocolate-dipped pretzels, cake balls and donut holes
- Bananas flambé
Additional winter wedding cake and dessert ideas:
- Decorate the dessert table with continuations of the winter décor spread throughout the rest of the reception room, including pine cones, pine needles and plenty of glitter.
- Include a wide variety of desserts in addition to the wedding cake, such as white chocolate-dipped donut holes, cannoli, puddings, etc.
- Bite-sized desserts are a big hit no matter what the season, and winter-inspired bite-sized treats will keep your guests munching late into the winter-themed wedding event.
Winter-Themed Flowers for Boston Weddings
Flowers are a very important part of any wedding celebration, winter weddings included. Utilize any of these winter-centric flowers to add extra elegant elements to your winter wedding celebration:
- Christmas cactus
- African violets
- Christmas rose
- Crocus in the snow
- Sweet Pea
- Sweet Alyssum
- Winter honeysuckle
- Winter jasmine
Perfect Boston Venues for Winter-Themed Weddings
A great wedding venue can make for an amazing wedding celebration. When planning your perfect holiday wedding or winter wedding venue, consider the Commander’s Mansion.
This beautiful old mansion is ideal as a fairy tale winter wedding location. With every nook, cranny and hidden corner decorated to embrace the holidays, you will have an easy time creating a magical winter wedding atmosphere for your winter wedding celebration. Click here for more information about the Commander’s Mansion and all that it has to offer.
Find even more perfect winter wedding venues with our venue finder!
More Articles You Might Like:
Bio coming soon.