Wedding Spotlight: Robin + Sergi’s Boston Wedding
Robin and Sergi both live in New York City, so they planned their perfect wedding long distance. Taking advantage of our ability to phone conference, video chat and have plenty of logistical meetings with the vendors, venue director and florist, we were able to collaborate and create over-the-top design and décor elements just as promised!
The couple wanted to utilize three distinct locations within the deCordova Museum, planning their wedding ceremony in the sculpture park, the reception’s cocktail hour in the Dewey Gallery and the wedding reception itself in a clear tent with ambient lighting to create a warm, romantic atmosphere.
The color scheme (orange, yellow and pink) worked with industrial and architectural design to create every aspect of the planning details, working their way into ornate flower arrangements, the layout of the event spaces and even the design of the wedding cake.
The menu included delectable items served in a variety of ways. The couple decided to incorporate both passed and stationed hors d’oeuvres, multiple meal courses, sorbet palate cleansers and a wedding cake into their wedding reception event.
Here is a snapshot of the delicious wedding menu:
- Mango salsa in corn cups
- Grilled salmon skewers with lemon glaze
- Turkey meatloaf cupcakes with whipped potato frosting
- Whipped feta tarts with pickled cantaloupe
- Crostini with confit Portobello and a sherry caramelized onion mousse
- Gourmet grilled cheese station
- Smoked gouda with fig and roasted pears
- Duck confit and goat cheese caramelized shallots
- Brie with lavender honey and raspberry preserves
- Truffled parsnip soup
- Trio of Brussels sprouts (shaved Brussels sprouts with toasted almonds, cognac raisins and lemon; basil flan with pickled Brussels sprouts; roasted Brussels sprouts with a “Caesar” emulsion)
- Pumpkin risotto cake with braised greens, baby carrots and a cider reduction
- Seared halibut, baby carrots, butternut squash, fennel, parsnip puree and a tomato beurre blanc
- Seared tenderloin with baby carrots, butternut squash, fennel, heirloom fingerling potatoes, smoked gouda and a red wine demi-glace
Robin and Sergi were beyond impressed with their wedding event and couldn’t be happier with the end result.
More Articles You Might Like:
Bio coming soon.