Top 6 Benefits of Hosting a Holiday Party
Ah, the holiday party.
Perhaps you have memories of finally meeting co-workers and their significant others in a more casual environment. Or maybe you remember the fancy passed hors d’oeuvres unlike anything you have ever tasted.
Holiday parties are an American pastime for both family members and co-workers alike, a break from the daily grind and an opportunity to treat oneself to fun conversation, delectable cuisine and a splurge cocktail.
With the holiday season quickly approaching, we made a list of six reasons to host a holiday party for your employees, business partners or both.
Reasons to Host a Holiday Party
- Build Community. In a corporate sense, a community does not have to center around daily coffee break gossip. Having casual conversation at a holiday party gives co-workers a chance to talk about their interests outside of their jobs. Finding commonalities can strengthen an office relationship and lead to better work productivity. A party atmosphere is also a platform for executives and employees to enjoy memorable moments of laughter together, potentially inspiring promotions in the future. We even suggest arranging for a photographer who can capture the moments!
- Try New Food and Wine. Providing an interesting food selection is the best way to start conversation among your guests. For example, an entrée selection could be duck confit finished with a divine dessert such as a salted caramel cupcake. Everyone will feel special when treated to something out of ordinary. In fact, some guests may attend a company party specifically for the free meal.
- Have an Opportunity to Dress Up. Let’s be honest, ladies. That fancy dress you bought on a whim is still hanging in the closet. Attending your company’s holiday party is the perfect opportunity to wear it with some new high heels!
- Recognize Employees for Their Hard Work. If you are an owner or a CEO of a company, you could take the stage at your holiday party to say a few words to honor your employees. This could be less than a five-minute speech ending with a toast to all those who make the business hum. This increases employee moral going into the upcoming year.
- Show Off the Office. Host a holiday party that doubles as a grand opening of a new part of the office. Or maybe you have a delightful courtyard that could be transformed into a whimsical evening venue. Hosting an event on-site could save some cash as well. Whatever you choose, we can bring the flowers, décor and lighting to make it a holiday party your guests will not soon forget.
- Experience a Night on the Town. A holiday party is the perfect excuse to give your employees a night out on the town. In fact, Boston is known for some of the most unique venue spaces in the Northeast—for example, the Cyclorama at Boston Center for the Arts and the Frost Ice Loft (made entirely of ice!). We work with a whole bunch of amazing venues, and you can learn about your Boston holiday party venue opportunities in our featured corporate event venues and on our Boston venues page.
We provide all the tools to ensure your holiday party is a blast! So go ahead and have some fun this holiday season hosting an unforgettable event.
More Articles You Might Like:
Timothy Seeberg is the Director of Major Events at BG.