Fall Wedding Ideas for Boston Weddings
With summer drawing to an end, and the colorful autumn months ahead, it is time for all fall wedding planning projects to get tied up in a bow. To make sure that nothing gets overlooked, we have put together this guide so that you can be certain that your fall wedding event is everything you want it to be.
Also, check out even more fall wedding ideas on Pinterest!
Autumn-Inspired Fall Wedding Colors for Boston
When you think of fall, plenty of brightly colored leaves probably come to mind. Utilize all of the colors of fall when you plan your wedding theme, incorporating any and all shades (both brighter and darker) of these basic hues into your invitations, bridesmaid dresses, jewelry, ties, tuxedo vests, linens, napkins, florals and more:
Additional fall wedding color ideas:
- Having just one wedding color is no longer the standard. The current wedding color trend is wedding palettes consisting of three, four or sometimes even five colors.
- Choose one bold color and then incorporate several supporting colors to create a well-balanced visual experience.
- Examples of colors that pair well together include:
- Navy blue with light blue or soft gray, coral and peach
- Eggplant with taupe and charcoal
- Olive with sage, mocha and ivory
- Cranberry with light blue, mocha, ivory and white
Autumn-Inspired Fall Wedding Decorations
Nothing says “celebrating a fall wedding” like truly autumn-inspired decorations. Utilizing the colors of the fall months—including oranges, yellows, reds, browns and dark greens—transform your fall wedding reception venue into an autumn wonderland with these ideas.
- Colored table linens and napkins
- Centerpieces filled with dried leaves, dark wood, colorful pumpkins and assorted gourds
- Colored light strands
- Paper lighted lanterns
- Plenty of tea lights and candles in assorted autumn colors
- Golden glitter
- Autumn-colored flower arrangements
- Fall-colored flower petals to spread throughout the room
- Wood elements and vines
- Small pumpkins or gourds as unique name cards
- Gold and gold-rimmed place settings
Additional fall wedding theme and decor ideas:
- Combine ideas, including using autumn-colored flower arrangements surrounded by dried leaves, dark wood, colorful pumpkins and gourds and surrounded by fall-colored flower petals really brings the event theme to life.
- Decorate doorways with vines of autumn-colored leaves and flowers, adorning the ceilings with paper lanterns and utilizing plenty of candles and glitter throughout the room will create a majestic experience.
- Colored linens and napkins will truly transform the room, so avoid underestimating the power of those elements. If nothing else, use a cream or off-white color to set the tone for the rest of the fall wedding event’s décor.
Fall Wedding Menu Ideas
Seasonal menus help bring a wedding theme to life, and a fall wedding needs autumn-inspired menu items. Ask your wedding planner about including any of these ideas.
- Pumpkin or squash-based creamy soups
- Sweet potatoes
- Roasted turkey or chicken as an entrée
- Cranberry sauces and gravy for garnishes
- Carrot cake and corn bread
- Cheese displays
- Fall vegetable medleys
- Cranberry cocktails
- Plenty of cinnamon
- Chili or casseroles
- Other traditional autumn-flavored dishes
Additional fall wedding menu ideas:
- Ask your wedding planner to help you come up with the perfect custom menu for your autumn-inspired wedding event.
- Do not be afraid to try unique combinations of flavors and textures.
- Set up a menu tasting event with your planner to clear up any last minute wedding questions or work out any last details.
Autumn-Themed Drinks and Beverages
There are plenty of delicious cocktails and drinks perfect for your fall-themed autumn wedding. Include any of these types of flavor combinations when you start planning your reception bar:
- Bailey’s Irish Cream
- Spiced rum
- Apple cider
- Stout beers
Fall Boston Wedding Cakes and Wedding Desserts
No wedding is complete without a perfect assortment of desserts and delicious treats, so make certain to have plenty for everyone. Incorporate the fall elements through autumn-inspired flavorings and plenty of autumn colors and decorations.
- Frostings in traditional autumn colors
- Flavors such as pumpkin, apple, cinnamon, spice, caramel, hazelnut and vanilla
- Decorations on desserts, including flowers, ribbons, polka dots, swizzles, stripes and other designs crafted in traditional fall colors
- S’mores and variations on other desserts typically enjoyed in the fall season
Additional fall wedding cake and dessert ideas:
- Decorate the dessert table with continuations of the fall décor spread throughout the rest of the reception room
- Include a wide variety of desserts in addition to the wedding cake, such as mini pies, ice creams, cheesecakes, cookies, etc.
- Bite-sized desserts are a big hit no matter what the season, and fall-inspired bite-sized treats will keep your guests munching late into the fall-themed wedding event.
Autumn-Themed Flowers for Boston Weddings
When it comes to weddings, flowers are key. Utilize any of these fall-blooming beauties—in the traditional fall colors, of course—to truly bring your autumn-themed fall wedding to life:
- Asiatic lily
- Calla lily
Fill in around these fall-themed focal flowers with any of these stems:
- Montecasino Aster
- Queen’s Anne lace
Perfect Venues for Autumn-Themed Weddings
An appropriate venue truly makes or breaks a wedding theme, and this is especially true for fall-themed weddings! For your autumn wedding, take a look at one of our featured venue partners: the Endicott Estate.
With vast lawn space, a gazebo and peak foliage in the fall, this wedding venue is picturesque and perfect for weddings, receptions and more. Click here for more information about the Endicott Estate and all that it has to offer.
Find even more perfect fall wedding venues with our venue finder!
More Articles You Might Also Like:
- 10 Boston Wedding Themes and Ideas
- Ways to Make Your Boston Wedding Unique
- Wedding Reception Checklist
Bio coming soon.