Employee Appreciation and Company Award Party Ideas
Adding a creative twist to current event trends will make for an employee appreciation party that surpasses all expectations.
If your company encourages employees to strive for innovation, excellence and attention to details, then be sure to convey these at your event!
In this post, we share 11 tips for planning a stunning employee appreciation party that will wow your guests.
11 Employee Recognition Party Tips
- Striking employee appreciation party flyer: include all the basics such as time, location, RSVP and guest information with an exceptional flair. Invitations should jump out at employees with eye-catching images, bright company colors or logos and fonts that match your corporate style. You also may email a version with a fun introduction to forward to family if invited.
- Custom menus: magnificent custom menus will reflect your company’s energy and appropriately reward employees with extraordinary dishes. For formal events, we suggest plated dinners with innovative dishes like filet of beef and grilled salmon with lemon aioli served with herbed risotto cake and sauté of haricots verts. We also encourage you to include vegetarian, vegan and gluten-free menu options to ensure everyone enjoys the dining experience.
- Tempting desserts: sweets are often considered a reward, so encourage guests to indulge in our collection of couture desserts. Small bites like salted caramel petite cupcakes and blueberry basil mini mousse shooters are the perfect ending to a delicious meal.
- Indoor-outdoor venue: we love the idea of having a formal dinner and awards inside and then taking the party to an outdoor setting. To keep a business theme in mind, you can select a venue like the sophisticated 9OFS that overlooks the business district.
- Social floor plan: although this is a formal party, you also want to encourage guests to relax and celebrate amongst good company. The furniture and how it is situated can have a big impact on how the party flows. We suggest selectively dispersing lounge furniture to allow plenty of space for a high-energy event with highboys for cocktail and appetizers.
- Thank you messages: employee appreciation party decorations should remind your guests about the party’s key message. We love the idea of weaving “Thank you!” and your CEO’s signature into party decorations for a genuine touch.
- All-inclusive presentations: thank-you speeches and awards are an important part of any employee recognition party. Be sure staff award categories recognize all different departments, talents and milestones. It is also important that your venue is set up so all guests can easily hear the speakers.
- Project spotlight: if you know some employees who are particularly proud of their work and enjoy public speaking, offer them the opportunity to present their projects. Moments like these moments will shine at your employee appreciation party.
- Raffles and spinning prize wheels: another way to reward employees is by giving away prizes. Announce a few hot prizes in advance to amp up anticipation and have some big surprises that will keep guests talking long after the event.
- Gracious staff: the catering team you hire should reinforce your company’s values including its appreciation of all employees. Professional event staff will greet guests with a friendly smile and sincere admiration.
- One-of-a-kind thank you gifts: think of high-end gifts that employees will use on a regular basis, and customize them with your company’s logo and colors. These will serve as a thank you and a continuing reminder that your company appreciates hard work.
These ideas are just a starting point to spark your creativity when planning an employee appreciation and awards party guests will remember.
From custom menus filled with signature dishes to creative displays and decorations, BG will help you create a vibrant party.
For examples of how innovation meshes with corporate event visions, check out these events:
Timothy Seeberg is a Senior Event Planner at BG.