Boston Corporate Event Spotlight: Eversource
Product launches are one of the most exciting corporate events, and the cocktail hour we planned for Eversource’s corporate event was no exception!
This power company based out of New England helps other companies save energy using a tiered approach. To applaud their advancements that help the environment, we wanted to put on an equally innovative cocktail reception. On May 5th, 200 architects and designers from all over the city gathered to enjoy our exceptional Boston corporate event catering.
A New Twist on the BSA Space
Because the Boston Society of Architects Space is a familiar venue to many guests, the client worried that the Eversource corporate event would not stand out in their minds.
We decided that a Cinco de Mayo theme was the perfect way to bring a renewed energy to this Boston event venue while setting the stage for an unforgettable corporate event.
Our experienced event planners brought their imaginative minds together and created unique event decorations and custom menus that subtly reflected the Cinco de Mayo theme without detracting from Eversource’s event objectives.
Cinco de Mayo Décor
Our design specialists love the BSA Space because it provides a modern and open floor plan that we can transform to match any corporate event theme. For the Cinco de Mayo undertone, we warmed up the BSA with natural elements while maintaining a modern celebratory atmosphere.
- Wood tables: these large rustic tables always make guests feel welcomed and relaxed
- Stylish LED lights: white rounded lamps added to the lively event atmosphere
- Food signs: crisp white food signs caught the eyes of guests and introduced them to our innovative dishes
- Florals: high top tables, food stations and bars were decorated with stunning succulents, dry air plants and spring flowers in rustic metal and wood containers. In addition, immaculate statement pieces featured a three-tier metal stand and flowers popping in rich orange, yellow and pink hues.
Unique Drinks and Hors d’oeuvres
From the moment guests arrived at the cocktail reception at 5:30 p.m., they were surprised with one-of-a-kind appetizers and drinks. We let the client choose from an array of elegant passed appetizers like:
- Brie and Green Apple Crostini: fig jam and arugula
- Corn and Bacon Griddle Cake: tomato relish
- Petite Blue Cheese and Beef Yorkshire Pudding: horseradish aioli, pickled onion
Guests enjoyed these fabulous selections of drinks:
- Bella Sera Pinot Grigio, Italy
- Canyon Road Chardonnay, California
- Red Tree Pinot Noir, California
- Pacifico Sur Cabernet Sauvignon, Chile
- Sam Adams Seasonal
- Harpoon IPA
- Specialty Cocktails
- Classic lime margarita
- Strawberry margarita
International Culinary Flair
Because we are passionate about serving the most innovative food, you never have to remind our Boston catering team to steer clear of generic dishes. So when the client requested stationary food displays to be “different,” we knew we needed to jump far ahead of the current culinary trends to surpass expectations. We settled on three stations to treat guests to tasty dishes with a hint of Cinco de Mayo fun.
What better way to celebrate in Cinco de Mayo fashion than with a taco bar attended by experienced chefs? A taco vignette with red hues reflecting off the backdrop and pipes covered in paper flowers created a dramatic setting for our handmade tacos. We also used white hanging heat lamps, porcelain serving dishes and white river stones atop wooden tables to make sure the tacos shined among the brilliant colors. Guests thought the petite grilled corn on the cob with cilantro aioli and farmer’s cheese was the perfect side to these signature tacos:
- Grilled Mahi Taco: roasted corn and bean salsa, chipotle aioli
- Smoked Beef Brisket Taco: crispy onions, lime scented cream
- Shredded Chicken Taco: aioli, spicy house pickled vegetables
- Cilantro-Lime Roasted Veggie Taco: queso fresco
Mediterranean and Spanish Nosh
We invited guests to nosh the night away at two food stations with beautiful presentations of international flavors. The Mediterranean display featured a rustic wood table with a grass carpet underlay. We surrounded it with rattan vine balls and interlaced LED cafe lights to create an all-encompassing Mediterranean experience. White and metal food vessels were the perfect way to serve these fresh tastes in style:
- Walnut tabouli
- Lemon hummus
- Whipped feta
- Grilled focaccia
- White bean dip
- Baba ganoush
- Stuffed grape leaves
- Sumac roasted olives
- Pita chips
Spanish Nosh Station
Of course, no Cinco de Mayo party would be complete without some true Spanish cuisine. We used our artistic flair to create a spectacular Spanish nosh station complete with:
- Tortilla de papas
- Grilled garlic shrimp
- Roasted red peppers
- Marcona almonds
- Jamon serrano
Mexican Churro Bar
For dessert, we brought in contemporary white bookcases to serve up hand fried Mexican churros with classic dips. Guests had fun putting their own favorite twist on such traditional Spanish desserts using these sweet toppings:
- Chocolate cinnamon dip
- Dulce de leche dip
- Powered sugar shakers
It was a true pleasure sharing our creative launch party ideas and innovative cuisine with Eversource to plan and execute this unprecedented cocktail reception. We invite you to take a walk through some of our other exceptional corporate events and contact our Boston catering team to start planning your own.
Timothy Seeberg is a Senior Event Planner at BG.