2015 Party Theme Idea: All Things Vegas
Las Vegas is a city filled with bright lights, neon, fun games, plenty of excitement and a lot of entertainment. That makes it the perfect place on which to model a party’s theme and atmosphere, no matter what the event. With this easy-to-follow guide, you will find everything you need to create the framework for a perfectly dazzling All Things Vegas-themed 2015 party.
All Things Vegas Party Theme Event Set Up
When laying out your All Things Vegas event, consider combining an upscale cocktail party with a Vegas casino, incorporating plenty of high top cocktail tables, fun gambling game stations and plenty of bright lighting (in a dim space) and glitter. These types of things will be perfect for your evening in Vegas.
- Long dark tablecloths to cover high top cocktail tables
- Plenty of fancy glassware for cocktails
- Food action stations with sushi, meat carving, fondue fountains and more
- Games like poker, roulette, dice games, black jack, craps, etc.
- Neon signs, strands of rope lights and flashing signs above games
- Glitter and glam
- Candles as centerpieces to create extra magic
- Stages for music acts and entertainers
- Dance floor
Entertainment for an All Things Vegas Party Theme
There is nothing more entertainment-focused than Las Vegas. Have wandering acts—magicians, jugglers, dancers, singers and other performers—entertain game players, and incorporating musicians and plenty of Vegas-style gambling games will be a huge hit for party guests. Use these ideas when working to entertain at this event.
- Wandering magicians and jugglers
- Dancers (in Vegas-style outfits)
- Singers and musicians
- Plenty of Vegas casino-style games
- Dance floor for dancing
- Music throughout the night (cocktail hour, game playing, dancing, etc.)
- Photographers capturing important moments
All Things Vegas Party Theme Menu
What should be on your menu at a Vegas-themed party? A little bit of everything, of course. These ideas will keep all Vegas-themed party guests entertained and enjoying the atmosphere and tastes of the night.
- Offer a variety of cocktails from an upscale bar (martinis, cosmopolitans, microbrews, champagne, wine and more).
- Menu items that are bite-sized and easy to carry from game to game—most hors d’ oeuvres (including sliders, mini quiche, etc.) will work for these delectable treats.
- Menu items at actions so that guests can interact with the designers—sushi, carving stations, stir fry, gourmet sandwiches and other made-to-order sections will be a hit.
- Plenty of upscale desserts so that there is something for everyone—mini tarts, gourmet ice cream cups, cheesecakes, cake pops, etc. You’ll want to focus on things that can be carried easily, pair well with cocktails and can be consumed without too much mess.
More All Things Vegas Party Theme Fun
When working to recreate this All Things Vegas theme, carry the theme throughout the entire event process. That means incorporating it into these fun party elements:
- Send out Vegas-themed invitations.
- Have guests dress as if they were about to attend a Vegas show to really set the mood and bring the theme to life.
- Offer prizes at the end of the evening for game winners, or donate on behalf of winners to a local charity or national/international cause.
- Make sure that all event staff are dressed appropriately in Vegas-style wear, from the game dealers and waiters to the show dancers and musicians.
- Include plenty of fun for everyone.
More Articles You Might Like:
Timothy Seeberg is the Director of Major Events at BG.